Thursday, July 29, 2010

PORRAIMOS

This coming Monday, 2 Aug. is the Remembrance Day for the Roma/Sinti victims of the Holocaust/Porraimos. On the night of 1 Aug. 1944 almost 4000 Roma/Sinti were murdered in auschwitz.


To commemorate the event, we are asking people, wherever they are, whatever they're doing, to light a candle and have a moment of silence for the Gypsy victims of the Holocaust at NOON on MONDAY 2 Aug.
-------------------------------------------------------
I apologize for not updating since Saturday.  We've been pretty busy with the museum and the remembrance.  We will be updating shortly.  Thank you for your patience.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings my friends! I believe what you are doing is wonderful! Your site seems to be dated with no activity of late which is sad. I hope my short message is well received. I am in USA where I was born, but never felt as if I truly belonged in this over-crowded society. My people settled in Appalachia and became a prominent name as "Melungeon". Believing I see a clear connection between Melungeon and Romani, I wish to study all resources for Romani. Whether or not there is a real connection or not, I see Romani as a perfectly BEAUTIFUL people. Hope my message finds you. I am not on FaceBook as I do not wish the entire world to know my business. Prefer to communicate by email, postal, cell phone and hopefully personally. May our Holy Creator protect and bless you all! mwphipps@gmail.ccom

    ReplyDelete