Monday, August 30, 2010

I'M NO HERO

Last week I went to hear Henry Friedman talk about his experiences as a Holocaust survivor.  I have heard Henry speak many times before and worked with him when he established the Washington State Holocaust Education and Resource Center.  We have had as many disagreements as agreements but we always had productive discussions and I continue to respect him.

I'M NO HERO is as uplifting as it is difficult.  In this book, as in his talks, Henry is unflinchingly honest when he talks about the extents humans will go to in order to survive unimaginable conditions and racist oppression.

While he offers no excuses for discisions made, he does, at the same time, offer hope to all those who have survived the unimaginable.

I recommend  anyone interested in the Holocaust read Henry's wonderful book.

No comments:

Post a Comment