Wednesday, August 4, 2010

UPDATE

I received, what is so far, an excellent book to review. 
DOSTA flight of the Rusian Gypsies
BY Sonia Meyer.

I was anxious to receive this book because Ms Meyer has been a long time and consistent advocate for the Romani people.  The book is not available for purchase until Nov. 2010 so I'm going to hold off on the review.

For this week, I'd like to review LIVING THROUGH IT TWICE Poems of the Romani Holocaust
BY Paul Polansky, another untiring advocate for the Romani. (later this week)

I am also reading  OUR FORGOTTEN YEARS A Gypsy Woman's Life on the Road
BY Maggie Smith-Bendell.

I also was reminded today of the book HASTENED TO THE GRAVE
BY Jack Olson.
I read this book several years ago, and it is so blatantly racist that members of Lolo Diklo stormed a local TV station where he was being interviewed.  I think I'll review that book also.

No comments:

Post a Comment